Visit Golden recognizes that residents and travelers may be concerned about COVID-19 and how it may affect them. The City of Golden is located in Jefferson County Colorado and all City, County, and State guidelines are followed in Golden. We in Golden are on a steady, thoughtful path to reopening our economy. While traveling in Colorado, the health and safety of both visitors and residents remain our highest priority.
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: You can also find an FAQ on Jefferson County Public Health’s “Local Public Health Orders” webpage, here: https://www.jeffco.us/4114/Local-Public-Health-Orders
- DATA ON CURRENT CASE RATES: Jefferson County’s case summary can be found here: https://www.jeffco.us/4007/Case-Summary
Additional Jefferson County Covid Alerts can be found here: https://www.jeffco.us/AlertCenter.aspx
GENERAL TRAVEL INFORMATION
While traveling in Colorado, the health and safety of both visitors and residents remain our highest priority . Across the state and in Golden, we encourage you to embrace responsible tourism - showing care for our destinations, our visitors, and the people who call Golden home.
Colorado airports, including Denver International Airport, are open.
A range of lodging offerings is available in Golden to accommodate travelers. Visit https://www.visitgolden.com/lodging/ for a list of lodging options, please contact hotels directly for up to date information.
Dining & Restaurants
Most Golden restaurants are open for indoor dining, takeout, delivery and outdoor seating. We recommend contacting restaurants directly to inquire about their services in advance.
Golden has countless acres of accessible federal land, state parks, municipal parks, open space and other accessible areas that make physical distancing feel natural.
Please follow this link to view the status of City of Golden Services and facilities.
City Hall, Police and Fire Departments (911 10th St.)
City Hall Annex (1000 10th St.)
Planning and Public Works Building (1445 10th St.)
U.S. Travel Association's Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus Toolkit
City of Golden Resources: Covid-19 Economic Food and Housing Assistance
Visit Golden is closely tracking the impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) for our businesses and the Golden community. Below are resources for how your business can plan for and respond to the virus.
SBA Restaurant Revitalization Fund Pre-registration opens April 30. 2021.
- Following the Special Session of the 72nd General Assembly, Governor Jared Polis signed nine bills into law. This legislation provides broad relief to those impacted by COVID-19.
- Restaurant & Bar Special Sales Tax Deduction
- Energize Colorado
- City of Golden Community & Economic Development Business Resources for COVID-19
- Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Register with the SBA for the Disaster Fund relief.
- Colorado Restaurant Association Resources
- Downtown Development Authority Business Revenue Loss Grant Program – Round Two Please note that this round is specifically for those eligible downtown businesses which did not apply in the first round.
- Update your Google my Business Account
- Unemployment Insurance
- Reach out to your insurance company to see if your policy includes Business Interruption Coverage.