Through collaborative marketing efforts, we position Golden as a premier destination in Colorado by promoting its unique attributes to residents, regional visitors, and out-of-state travelers.
A strong, year-round tourism industry driven by Golden’s position as a great place to visit.
- Fun – visiting Golden should be exceptionally fun and we should have fun promoting this incredible community.
- Diversity – we support the city’s diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and work to make golden a welcoming place for all visitors through our outreach and marketing campaigns.
- Communication – we aspire to communicate effectively with our key target audiences and our industry stakeholders.
- Value – we understand the impact of what we do and strive for it to benefit visitors, residents, and our local economy.
- Collaboration – the local tourism industry is stronger when we work together toward a shared vision.
Visit Golden Stakeholder Committee
The Visit Golden Stakeholder Committee meets on the second Thursday of each month from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Golden Visitors & Information Center. Please email email@example.com regarding meeting attendance.
Merchants within Golden city limits pay a vendors fee of 2.5% of their total sales tax remitted. This fee is taken as a credit against the sales tax liability of the retailer to cover expenses in collecting and remitting sales taxes. However that credit is suspended and distributed to and deposited in the "community marketing fund". Funds deposited in the "community marketing fund" are then used solely to market the community utilizing the following activities:.
- Development and updating a community marketing plan.
- Development and updating of an implementation strategy for promotion activities.
- Public relations activities, promotional activities, direct advertising, and limited financial support for certain events and activities recommended by the plan.
Visit Golden was awarded a $40,000 matching marketing grant from the Colorado Tourism Office (CTO) to fund an enhanced winter 2023 marketing campaign. Learn more.